[HouTango-L] Fandango de Tango Updates

A. Lester Buck III buck at compact.com
Thu Nov 27 22:01:56 UTC 2003

>From Ricardo Moncada, Pres.
Learn To Dance Austin

FOOTNOTES:  Fandango de Tango Updates, November 26-30, 2003

* Pablo Pugliese will be dancing with Shiwa Noh
* The Sunday classes will not be review classes.  They are new
  and different classes
* We have added Jason Laughlin to our list of guest DJ's
*Vendors at Fandango
* Weather Update

LEARN TO DANCE AUSTIN
Ricardo Moncada, Pres.
8910 Research Blvd. #E-1
Austin, TX  78758
ph#:  (512) 450-0200
Website:  www.learn2dance.com
Email:  info at learn2dance.com

The Fandango schedule is our own website.
Go to www.learn2dance.com/fandango.htm
Then click on the link for the schedule.

Fandango de Tango, November 26-30, 2003

**Pablo Pugliese will be dancing with Shiwa Noh.
Here's a bio of Shiwa.
Born in South Korea, Ms. Noh began dancing at the age of five,
studying traditional Korean Dance.  Later, she also studied ballet,
modern, and jazz.She graduated from University of California,
Irvine receiving a BFA in choreography and she has worked with
various modern choreographers such as Bella Lewitzky, Sean Greene,
Donald McKayle among many others and has been performing her own
works in NYC.  She has been teaching Gyrotonic Expansion System
for the last 6 years.

Most recently, she has embraced Argentine Tango as her own medium
of expression.  She participated as a guest artist at Boston's 2003
First Night and worked with several tango shows with choreographer
Hector Zaraspe, performed with Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra, at
Hollywood Bowl with LA philharmonic Orchestra and Romulo Larrea
Tango Ensemble at the Orange County Performing Arts Center.

**The Sunday classes will not be review classes.  They are
another set of new and different classes.  The Sun classes are
open for registration.  We have previously designated them as
review classes.  They will not be review classes.  Instead,
they will be another day of new interesting ideas, techniques,
and insight into improving your Tango dance.

** We have added Jason Laughlin to our list of guest DJ's Jason,
with his partner,Gulden Ozen has been teaching private lessons,
group classes and workshops in the North Carolina Triangle area
(Durham, Raleigh, Chapel Hill-Carrboro).  Jason has been dancing
Argentine tango for 6 years.  There first instructors were Matej
Oresic and Metin Yazir.  Jason has taught as a "Baila Tango"
instructor from 1999 to 2002 and in 2003, he started his own
school, Tangophilia, in the Triangle, NC. He has contributed
substantially to building up the tango community in North Carolina
as an instructor and as a voluntary community member.

It is a pleasure to include him in our list of DJ's which also
includes Alex Krebs of Portland, OR and Stephen Brown of Dallas,
TX.  For more information about Jason Laughlin, his approach to
teaching and dancing tango go to:  www.tangophilia.com.

**Vendors at Fandango
Movin' Easy of Austin, TX and Tangoleva of Santa Fe, NM will be
showing their wares at the Fandango.  Movin' Easy will have lots
of their dance shoes available and they be showcasing their new
line of Tango shoes for men and women.  They'll also have their
practice skirts available.  Their website is www.movineasy.com.
Tangoleva will have their famous Tango skirts, dresses, and
blouses for sale, along with many accessories.  Their website is
www.tangoleva.com.  Take a look so you can see what they carry.
Also, several of the instructors will have some of their
instructional videos available at the Fandango.

** Austin, TX Local Forecast as of Nov 21, 2003
It's beautiful here in Austin and it looks like it's going to
stay that way.

Friday (11-21-03): Abundant sunshine. Warm. High around 80F. Winds
S at 10 to 15 mph.  Friday night: Mainly clear. Low 61F. Winds
S at 5 to 10 mph.  Saturday: Sunshine along with some passing
clouds. Warm. High 81F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph.

Saturday night: Partly cloudy skies early will become overcast
later during the night. Low 67F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
Sunday: Clouds giving way to sun in the afternoon. Highs in the
mid 70s and lows in the low 40s.
Monday: Sunny. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the upper 40s.
Tuesday: Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 60s and lows
in the upper 50s.
Wednesday: Few showers. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 40s.
Thursday: Abundant sunshine. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the low 50s.

The Fandango de Tango, November 26-30, 2003, includes:
5 Levels of Classes Available:  Beginner, Int 1, Int 2, Advanced,
& Specialty Topics

Special Beginner Classes on Sat & Sun for Novice or New Dancers
Beginner Class Special Only $119
Includes all Beginner Classes on Sat & Sun (No Milongas)
Anyone can start learning to dance Tango at this event!!

Spectacular Saturday Night Show With the Stars
This will be a show not to be missed!  These instructors are
some of the best performers of Argentine Tango in the world.
Their performances on Sat. night will be memorable.  All the
Milongas (Dance Parties) are open to the public.

6 Milongas with over 23 hours of dancing pleasure.  Welcome Milonga
on Wed. night Nov 26 at Learn To Dance Austin Studio (8910 Research
Blvd., # E-1, Austin, TX 78758 ) Thanksgiving Brunch Milonga-food,
drink, and dancing.  This is the Full, Bountiful Spread;  Turkey,
appetizers, salads, entrees, desserts, the whole enchilada,
plus 4 hours of Tango dancing to work it all off.  Special Almost
All-Night Milonga on Saturday with fabulous Dance performances by
the Tango Masters.  Alex Krebs, Steve Brown, and Jason Laughlin
are our guest DJ's for the Fandango.

This event will be held at the Red Lion Hotel (512-323-5466) 6121
N. I-35 at Hwy 290.  We've arranged for a very special rate for
Fandango attendees.  $65 Single or double room + tax.  You must
mention Fandango for the discount.  Make your reservations soon!!

Brought to you by:
Learn To Dance Austin
www.learn2dance.com
E-mail:  info at learn2dance.com