[HouTango-L] HATA New Year's Eve Ticket Representatives for AHM "Tango Glamour"

A. Lester Buck III buck at compact.com
Tue Dec 14 06:09:05 UTC 2004

Joan Bishop <Tango120 at aol.com> writes:

Dear Tangueros and Tangueras,

The Houston Argentine Tango Association offers you
the opportunity to secure your reservations/tickets for
Tango Glamour, our New Year's Eve "All Houston Milonga"
through representatives listed below.

When: Friday, December 31, 9:00 PM - 2:00 AM
Where: King's Dancing Centre, Ballroom "A"
            5700 South Rice Avenue, Houston, TX 77081
Attire: Dressy chic
Dinner: Full buffet, with wait staff
Beverages: Ice and setups, bottled water, coffee, tea,
Midnight: A champagne toast and favors provided
BYOB
Security

The evening will include the best recorded music
currently being played in Buenos Aires, and music by
the gifted Uruguayan bandoneonista Gerardo Perez.
Gerardo played so memorably for our Halloween Milonga
that we invited him to perform several sets of tangos
and milongas for our enjoyment as we usher in the
New Year in a true Tango spirit.

In honor of the New Year our buffet will feature hot
appetizers, several hot entree and vegetable selections,
as well as lavish fresh fruits and green salads with exotic
additions of your choice, i.e., fine imported feta cheese,
olives, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes and much
more, specialty breads, decadent deserts, and finally
a champagne toast at midnight.  All for $30 ($25 for
university students with a current ID). With notice, we
will make every effort to accommodate special dietary
requirements.

Your advance ticket purchase will assist us in preparing
more effectively.   Because of Christmas holidays we have
fewer days to accomplish our objectives before the event.
Until we know how many attendees to expect we cannot
determine positioning of tables for best design and decoration
effect, or proceed with other preparations, ultimately including
the buffet and number of wait staff to engage.

Although our community inspired HATA to host this event,
HATA is welcoming a number of guests from other cities.
Over half of the tickets have been sold. The last day to
purchase is Tuesday, December 21, provided any are
available.

Thank you for your understanding and your early commitments!

Reservations/Tickets may be secured through representatives
as follows:

Houston Argentine Tango Association
  Joan Bishop, 713-861-8087
  info at houstontango.org
Tango Houston
  Michael Figart, 281-731-5237
  info at tangohouston.org
Always Tango
  Alicia or Juan Carlos Suarez, 281-704-9444
  info at alwaystango.com
All Houston Milonga
  Robert Schoenberg, 281-249-7521
  RSchoenberg at technip-com
King's Dancing Centre
  Carlos Felis (Front Desk), 713-667-3890

Tickets are also available by mail.  Please make checks
payable to the Houston Argentine Tango Association,
1302 Waugh Drive, PMB 169, Houston, TX 77019-4944.
Include your mailing address and the name to appear on
each ticket.  Your tickets will be sent to you via first-class
U.S. mail. Seating is limited, so we strongly recommend
that you inquire as to ticket availability before mailing
your check.

Please note: Ballroom "A" will be transformed, so seating
will not be as it has been in the past (i.e., next to the wall
and on both sides of the tables.)  If you have seating
preferences please so indicate at the time of your ticket
purchase and we will attempt to accommodate your request.

Sincerely,
Houston Argentine Tango Association

Joan
713-861-8087