[HouTango-L] Cafe Matisse update

A. Lester Buck III buck at compact.com
Wed Feb 25 05:28:59 UTC 2004

"Tango Houston" <info at tangohouston.org> writes:

Hello to all,

Thanks to all who attended Tango Houston's Valentine's Day
milonga! The turnout was fantastic, with about 80 people in
attendance. The music was great, and many thanks go out to
Glovertango for their super performance. If you didn't make it,
please try to come to Continental Club every Monday from 8:00-9:00
for Glover Gill's virtuoso solo piano!

My apologies to anyone who came to Cafe Matisse after 9:30 Sunday
night. I was there before 8:00, and the weather was terrible, so
I can certainly understand why nobody showed up. I played chess
with Rubish until about 9:20, and then we closed it down and took
off. They can't afford to open that night without a good crowd in
attendance, and have established a minimum take of about $200 total
to continue allowing us to use the space. That should not be hard
to achieve, and remember that includes Tango Houston's donation of
half the entry fees. We have to keep half to allow us to provide
other events during the year, like the Valentine's Milonga.

Warm regards to all, and hope to see you soon!

Michael Figart II
info at tangohouston.org
www.tangohouston.org
281-731-5237