[HouTango-L] Spanish & Culture in Context - study in Buenos Aires

A. Lester Buck III buck at compact.com
Wed Jun 23 20:48:47 UTC 2004

Carlos & Luisa Santesteban are pillars of the Argentine community in
Houston.  While Carlos served on the board of Casa Argentina de
Houston, he pushed for Casa Argentina to sponsor the March 1996 tango
workshop that catalyzed the Argentine tango social dance community in
Houston.  Luisa has a new project combining Spanish instruction with
an immersive cultural experience in Buenos Aires.

"Luisa Santesteban" <csantesteban at wt.net> writes:

Hi Lester,

I hope you remember me, I am Luisa Santesteban, Carlos
Santesteban's wife and a former director of the Casa Argentina de
Houston.  Thank you very much for the information about Valentin,
the argentinean movie, which I am planing to see, and thank you
very much for keeping us informed about what is going on with
tango. We are always interested about that.

I would like to let you know about a project I have started
with a friend.  Since, as you know, I am a Spanish teacher at
Rice University, many people showed interest in learning about
and visiting Argentina and know more about the language and the
culture.The name of the project is Spanish & Culture in Context
and it is a trip to Buenos Aires to attend intesive courses of
Spanish language. The trip will include everything related to
the Argentinean culture, therefore tango is one of the interests
among other activities.

http://www.spanishincontext.com/

Knowing that you are so close to "tangueros" in Houston I would
appreciate if you can help us in spreading the word by sending
the information I am attaching to you about this program to all
the people interested in tango and in our culture.

I would like to know your opinion  about this program, and why not,
join us.

Thanks a lot,
Luisa