[HouTango-L] HATA's Next Class Sessions Start March 2-April 20

A. Lester Buck III buck at compact.com
Tue Mar 2 04:38:53 UTC 2004

Tango120 at aol.com writes:

HOUSTON
ARGENTINE
TANGO
ASSOCIATION

Share the unspoken language of Tango wherever life takes you.

Because of previous heavy preregistrations HATA has not made a
public e-mail announcement of our classes since October of 2003,
and the prior public announcement was in June of 2003.

We have a backlog of students awaiting entry into classes, so
registration, which is brisk, began during our last class this
week and continues on line for our next 7-week sessions commencing
next Tuesday, March 2.

New:
7-week sessions
Beginning & Intermediate Argentine Tango
Tuesday, March 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 running through
Tuesday, April 13 and 20, 2004.
(With a break Tuesday, April 6)

Our break on April 6 coincides with Susana Miller's fifth
annual teaching visit.  Information regarding this event will be
forthcoming on our site.

Instructors:
Beginner and Intermediate classes and supervised Practicas taught
by Joan Bishop and Roger Soto. Instruction is focused on the
social dance form.

Location:
King's Dancing Center, Ballroom "C"
(Formerly Barbara King's Houston Center of Dance)
5700 South Rice Avenue
Houston, Texas 77081
(Take the Fournace exit off 610 West Loop South,
go west (right) on Fournace to S. Rice Avenue,
turn north (right) and go to 5700 S. Rice Avenue
@ Glenmont.)

Beginner Class:
7:00-8:00 PM
Practica:
8:00-8:30 PM
Intermediate Class:
8:30-9:30 PM

Cost:
$50 per person for seven 1-hour classes
and seven 30-minute supervised practicas.
(Present a current student ID and receive
a 20% discount.)

Please note:
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your class to complete
registration. Registrations initiated through the HATA web site
<www.houstontango.org> "Registration," speed the process at
the door.  Space is limited.

Comfortable clothing that permits you to move freely, and shoes
with leather soles are recommended--the thinner the soles the
better, so that you can sense the floor. (Ankle straps are helpful
for ladies.)

Houston Argentine Tango Association: 713.861.8087