[HouTango-L] Latin Carnaval participates in the Festival de Artes Hispanicas, this Sunday Sept. 25

Edward Grigassy guitar at texas.net
Wed Sep 21 15:42:54 UTC 2005

[Not sure if this event will be held.  Maybe if we are dry by Sunday.
Check before attending.  Martin & Natia say their studio building is
closed for the rest of the week, so their classes are canceled.  I'd
guess there won't be much tango activity on Friday or Saturday.
Certainly confirm anything before heading out.  Stay safe.  -Lester]

Hi tangueros,

Three of us, Rodrigo Gamboa on vocals and guitar, Katerina Orelli
on violin, and myself on guitar, will be participating in the
Festival de Artes Hispanicas this Sunday at the First Unitarian
Church.  This event is free and open to the public.  We will
be playing from 2 - 5 pm and will do a special presentation of
"La Cancion Latina" in which Rodrigo will sing for everyone.
We will be performing tangos and milongas of Argenting and music
of Mexico, Colombia and Cuba.  Please come on out, there will be
music, art, discussion and refreshments.  I've enclosed the text
from the flyer below:

We hope to see you there!
Musically yours,
Edward Grigassy

----------------------

Festival de Artes Hispanicas
Hispanic Arts Festival

Sunday, September 25, 2005
2:00 – 5:00 PM
Reception Following

Sponsored Free of Charge
First Unitarian Universalist Church of Houston
5200 Fannin Street
Houston, TX 77004
713 526 3037

Join Houston’s preeminent artists, poets, scholars, writers, composers and performers in celebration of the Hispanic cultural arts.

“Musica Folklorico de Latinamerica”  Latin Carnaval
Edward Grigassy, Rodrigo Gamboa and Katerina Orelli
International musical group specializing in performing the refined musical styles of Latin America.

Tony Diaz
Houston’s proud voice of Latino literature novelist and founder of Nuestra Palabra:
Latino Writers Having Their Say

A Century of Mexican American Literature in Texas
José F. Aranda, Jr. Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Chicano and American Literature
Rice University

A Program offered to the Houston community without charge
First Unitarian Universalist Church of Houston
Registration at First Church
church at firstuu.org

Contact:
John Walsh