[HouTango-L] Tango Carnaval next Milonga at Melaos: Thurs. Sept. 21

Edward Grigassy guitar at texas.net
Mon Sep 18 03:47:21 UTC 2006

This is Edward Grigassy writing.

On behalf of the musical group, Latin Carnaval Tango Reuve,
I'd like like to invite everyone to our next (and reoccurring) tango
dance night "Tango Carnaval: Noches de Tango":

Noche de Tango at Melao's
THURSDAY, Sept. 21, 2006 -- 7:30pm till 11:30pm
Doors open at 7pm, DJ starts at 7:30pm.
Latin Carnaval Tango Revue performs live at at 8:30pm.
Cover at the door: $10 individual, $15 couple
Sponsored by Gonzalo and Juanita, owners of Melao's and Latin Carnaval.

Latin Carnaval Tango Revue will perform dance music of Argentina.
There will be Tangos, Valses, Milongas and Candombes.
We will feature music composed by Gardel, Padula, Piazzolla, Villoldo and
others.  There will be appetizers and a full range of drinks available.

Our lineup for the evening: Rodrigo Gamboa, guitar / vocals; Edward Grigassy,
guitar; Anthony Caceres, bass and Vladimir Kotsiouruba, violin.

We know that attending every week is not possible for all tango dancers,
and that there might be conflicts with other events from time to time.
If you cannot attend weekly, we are asking that you consider attending once
per month (at your convenience) and please pass the word on to others who
might be interested.

Melao's Restaurant and Bar has a raised stage and a large wooden dance floor.
The interior is decorated in an upbeat, festive Caribbean theme.  Melao's
is located at the intersection of Wilcrest and Harwin (just outside the
West Beltway).  Their phone numbers are 281-564-0466 (recording) and
281-704-3911 (Juanita's cell).

The address is 6104 Wilcrest Dr., Houston, TX 77072
http://houtango.com/maps/MelaosMap.html

Check out our video demo (performed on the Melao's stage) on our web-site.
NOTE: If you haven't been able to view the video, I just updated our
page to use YouTube technology so that anyone can easily view the video!!!
There are also audio samples on the web-site.

Our web site (with video):   http://guitar.home.texas.net/tango.html

Thanks for your support and we look forward to seeing you all there!
Yours,
Edward Grigassy

(If you wish to be removed from this email list, please reply to that effect.
If you are receiving a duplicate email, please tell us.)

edward grigassy, guitar -- http://guitar.home.texas.net/
phone: 713.283.0897 -- email: guitar at texas.net