[HouTango-L] Updates - ArgentinoWeekend Austin June 8-10th, Teachers + Schedule

Monica Caivano moni at monitango.com
Sun Jun 3 22:56:55 UTC 2007

Hello hello!!

Ok......here it is...we got a teacher ;-)
Please if you can post..that would be great!

Thanks!
Moni

=================================

Howdy! It is with regret that I need to inform you that due to visa
delays, 'El Flaco' Dany Garcia won't be joining us in Austin this
time around. We hope that we will be able to have him here soon!!

As they say,³"The Show Must Go On".  We are very fortunate
because we not only don't have to cancel the weekend, but we
will be bringing, SILVINA VALZ (originally scheduled) along with
OLIVER KOLKER, dancer and teacher extraordinaire. Take a look at
his dancing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOE7no5cakE

We then present to you ArgentinoWeekend07 Austin, TX June 8-10th
with ³Silvina Valz & Oliver Kolker² Let's give them a nice warm
Texas welcome ya¹ll !!!

=================================

Please, read below detailed Schedule with Locations, Prices,
Titles and Activities.  This weekend has gathered really nice
energy and it shall be fun! Join us if you can!!  Give us a break:
As we deal with this big chang you will notice that our website
is not up to date, our apologies!

As well as a thank you for your patience and continued support
through this process:

Early bird has been extended till Tuesday, June 5th.

Full Weekend Super Pass $140 general /$115 Student (early bird)
or $160/$135 after Tuesday

All Milonga Hook (entrance to Fri/Sat/Sun milonga): $30/$25
(early bird) or $38/$35 after Tuesday

Please notice CHANGES: Friday & Saturday locations have changed!! thanks ;-)

=================================

Friday Night Beginner Class with the Masters & Milonga
Location: Copa Bar and Grill (upstairs), 217 Congress Ave
512.479.5002, http://www.copabarandgrill.com

Time: Class 8p-9:30pm/ Milonga 9:30p-1a

Price: Class + Milonga: $30/25 (early bird) or $35/30 after June 5th
Milonga only: $13/10 (pay at the door)

* Beginner milonga class by the masters!
* We will be providing empanadas from Buenos Aires Café and other yummy
snacks,
* DJ George Furlong
* Performance in Honor to Masters by George & Jairelhbi

Friday night milonga Sponsored by Austin¹s own: Buenos Aires Café
http://www.buenosairescafe.com

=================================
Saturday Night Milonga & Show
Location: Paila, Peruvian Cuisine, 5100 E. 7th Street
(about 2 miles East of I 35), 512.573.7605

Time: Milonga 10p-2a

Price: Milonga & Show $20/$15 (pay at the door)

* Performance by the Masters!!!
* DJ Partha Roy
* Great Peruvian food will be available
* Please BYOB (or wine!)
* Plenty of parking.

=================================
Sunday Night Free Intro Class & Milonga
Location: Scholz Garten, 1607 San Jacinto Blvd.
 512.474.1958  http://www.scholzgarten.net

Time: Class 6p-7p/ Milonga 7p-11p

Price: Milonga (includes free class): $10/$8 (pay at the door)

* Free beginner class with guest local teacher Mikas (from Houston)
* DJ Fil Cruz
* Scholz is a Texas tradition, open since 1866.
* Food available until about 8ishpm, so don't be late.
* Beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages
* Parking available.

=================================
Saturday & Sunday Classes (workshop during the day)
Location: Footworks Dance Studio, 403 W.2nd St. (between San Antonio &
Guadalupe)
http://www.footworksdance.com

Title/Time/Level:
*open dancing in between classes
SATURDAY
1) Tango Salon 12:30p-2p Pre-Int to Intermediate
2) Tango Salon II con adornitos 2:30p-4p Pre-Int to Intermediate
3) Milonga Traspie 4:30-6p Intermediate

SUNDAY
1) Milonga Traspie Musicality 1:30p-3p Int to Advance/Couples Optional
2) Milonga Traspie Combinations 3:30p-5p Advance/Couples Optional

Price: All Classes Sat & Sund + Milonga Sat & Sund: $115/$100 (early bird)
or $130/$115 after June 5th
Price per class ³A La Carte²:  $23/$18 early bird or $27/$24 after June 5th

* Water and snacks provided during workshop!
* Please attend classes according to your level!!
* No partner needed!
* Parking at the street or City Hall (for fee)
=================================
Silvina Valz available for PRIVATE LESSONS
Ladies and Gents..take advantage...learn from the pros!
Silvina will be available Thursday, Friday & Monday for privates.
Contact ASAP to schedule 512.420.8839 or info at monitango.com

Confused? Lost? Give us a ring!! (number below)
Thank you...always at your service..Monica Caivano & the MonitangoTeam
Sign up to our e-mail list!!!
Click below, fill info & click: again:
--
MoniTango  *  http://www.monitango.com