[HouTango-L] Houston Tango Festival "late bird" discount expires on Jan 10th!

Christina Levin christina.levin79 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 06:51:29 UTC 2008

http://www.houstontangofestival.com/

PLEASE, TAKE A NOTE THAT LATE BIRD REGISTRATION DEADLINE FOR
HOUSTON TANGO FESTIVAL is JANUARY 10th! SAVE THE MONEY, AVOID
THE HUSSLE AND ENJOY THE FESTIVAL!

The Houston Tango Festival invites you to celebrate its special
debut in the Bayou City. Come share your passion for tango with
dancers from across the world, learn from great teachers, dance to
live music performed by the Glovertango Orquestra, enjoy excellent
DJs and discover the vibrant Houston tango community!

About Houston Tango Festival (Jan. 25-27, 2008)

- 17 workshops with special class for tango teachers and a unique
  yoga class for tangueros

- 6 milongas and practicas (over 26 hours of dancing)

- Fantastic Glovertango Orchestra (Austin) on Friday Night

- Perfomances by Teachers and a special Canyengue performance by
  Ernest Williams & Anna Karassik (Chicago) on Saturday Night

- Tango Music History Presentation on Sunday Night

- Beautiful Rice University location near world class Art Museums
  and Galleries

Pricing

-Full pass $140  (late bird by 01.10.2008), $160 at the door.

-Milonga pass $50 (late bird by 01.10.2008), $60 at the door.

-Workshop pass $100 (late bird by 01.10.2008), $110 at the door.

-Students get up to 50% discount on Passes

Teachers

Brigitta Winkler (Berlin)

Tomas Howlin (Montreal/Buenos Aires)

Jennifer Olsen (Portland)

Damien Lobato (Buenos Aires)

Jennifer Bratt (Austin)

Ney Melo (San Francisco)

Ramu Pyreddy (Philadelphia/DC)

Andrew Dugas (Yoga-Houston)

Music and DJs

Glovertango Orchestra (Austin/Houston)

Robert Hauk (Portland)

Vijay Namasivayam (San Francisco)

Laura Pellegrino (Austin)

Mercy Chen (Houston)

Ramu Pyreddy (Philadelphia/DC)

Jennifer Olson (Portland)

For more information visit our website at:

http://www.houstontangofestival.com/

Watch our greeting here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zhHvnH-Od8

We are looking forward to meeting and dancing with you!

Houston Tango Festival Team

===================================

Call for Housing Volunteers

Houston Tango Community!  We need your help! The Houston Tango
Festival is coming up in just a few short weeks! We will have
people coming in from all over the country and the world to take
part in this exciting event! Many of them would like a chance
to experience the true Houston community and would like to stay
with awesome local dancers such as yourselves. Therefore, we need
local dancers to host these travelers! If you are willing to have
one or more out-of-town dancers in your place, please e-mail me
at <stayer at bcm.edu> with:

1. Your name.
2. A reliable way to contact you (e-mail, cell phone,
 smoke signal, etc).
3. What accommodations you have available (beds, couches, floor space).
4. How many dancers you would be willing to take.
5. The dates in which you are willing to take them
 (some are coming for a few days, some for the whole
 festival).

Once I have this information, I will pair you with a traveler and
exchange your respective contact information. It will then be up
to you and your traveler to work out details of their stay. Please
help foster the great Houston Tango community spirit by giving
these traveling tangueros a true taste of Houston hospitality! We
really appreciate anything you can offer!

Thanks so much,
Sarah
Houston Tango Festival
http://www.houstontangofestival.com