[HouTango-L] Frances Christian has reached the end of her journey

Frances Christian jdouglas at swbell.net
Sun Dec 13 04:48:19 UTC 2009

Friends of Frances Christian,

I regret to inform you of Mom's passing yesterday evening
(Dec. 11).  We have been waiting for days for this to happen.
The last few days have been difficult & therefore her passing
comes as a relief to both her & myself.  Mom (and Dad too) were
Tango dancers many years ago.  Their love of Argentine Tango
was immense.  With my Dad's passing 10 years ago, Mom found it
difficult to find a new partner to her liking.  It also held sad
memories of losing her partner of 34 years.  As we knew time was
getting close to the end, I played her favorite Tango music on her
CD player.  I thought it would make her journey a little easier.
I did the same when Dad was getting near the end also.  There will
be a long write up in the Chronicle tomorrow.  Here is info that
you may pass along to others.

A rosary will be held on Mon. Dec. 14, at 7:00PM at St. Frances
Cabrini Catholic Church located at 10727 Hartsook in Houston.
Visitation for family & friends will be from 5:00-9:00PM.

The funeral mass will take place on Tues. Dec. 15, at 10:00AM,
followed by burial at Forest Park Lawndale Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers, Frances requested donations be made in her
memory to the following foundation:

Gynecologic Cancer Foundation
230 W. Monroe, Suite 2528
Chicago, IL 60606

Karen Carlson, Executive Director
Phone: 312.578.1439

If you would like to send flowers, they may be delivered to the
church's address as of Monday morning at 9:30AM.  Cards may be
sent to the house: Frances Christian, 10907 Arendale, Houston,
TX 77075 (713)991-2121.

Thanks,

Linda Christian Fisher