[HouTango-L] Laura Pellegrino and David Tonn Workshop, June 27-28

Laura Pellegrino bsasbaby at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 23:24:06 UTC 2009

Hey guys,

Hope everybody is doing well this summer and staying COOL!!!!! I
feel like it has been so LONG since I've seen you guys. As you
probably know, I'm headed your way this coming weekend with
David Sasha Tonn in tow. I'm hoping you guys will join us for
some really fun workshop material on stuff you likely haven't
had much of up until now. And I'm sure that with Jaimes having
just been there for a month, you'll be good and PRIMED!!

Workshops are going to be over at the new City Dance Location
on this coming Sat. and Sunday. All the class descriptions are
listed below so check them out!. And we're reverting to the old
pricing schedule. Pricing is as follows:

1 class  $25
2 classes $45
3 classes $65
4 classes $85
5 classes $105
6 classes (The whole enchilada)  $120 ****** Extra savings!! Yipee!

I would, however, LOVE to hear from you beforehand,if you are
going to be in attendance. (Saves stress, SOMEWHAT, in my life). So
please lemme know!  I will look forward to seeing you guys!

Saturday, June 27th:

12:30PM-1:45PM *(All Levels) Yoga Meets Tango:* Exercises to
strengthen your lines, your axis your core! Understanding and
applying Spiral Energy for ochos, gyros, boleos and ganchos!

2:00PM-3:15PM *(All Levels) Structure and Dynamics for Nuevo
Dynamics:*Using core elementary movements (such as the ground,
dissociation, your center and that of your partner) to remain
active, elastic and connected at all times!

3:30PM-4:45PM *(Int+) Ganchos and Atypical Piernazos Part I:*
Introduction to use of normal and contra-rebote energy to produce
radial and linear ganchos, as well as low leg lifts absolutely
acceptable on the dance floor.

Sunday, June 28th

1:00PM-2:15PM *(Int++) Ganchos and Atypical Piernazos Part II:*
Using normal and contra-rebote energy to produce radial and
linear ganchos to produce all manner of gorgeous low, medium,
and high leg lifts IF YOU DARE!!

2:30PM-3:45PM *(Int++) Volcada THIS!* The latest evolutionary
step in Volcada Technology!!! (Oops, I meant Technique!) These
volcadas will utilize the nuevo shoulder to shoulder connection,
and introduce the latest ideas for free'ing the followers leg
and what to do with it once you’ve got it.

4:00PM-5:15PM *(Int++) Linear Colgadas and Caidas:* Building
on basic off-axis colgada energy we can "caida" or "fall" into
interesting positions that suggest atypical ganchos, followers
turns and kicks as a follow up!

***It is HIGHLY suggested that anybody attending classes 3-6,
attend at least 1 (or ideally BOTH) of the first two classes
(Yoga Meets Tango and/or Nuevo Dynamics) as these two classes
will serve as a strong primer for everything that follows.

***Also, please bring your Yoga mat or a towel for the first class.

***Footware: we'll be doing some work in bare feet. Additionally
the ladies are encouraged to bring both flats and heels.

--
Laura Pellegrino
(512)590-3644
BsAsbaby at gmail.com