[HouTango-L] Sept. 28 "Tirando La Misma Carreta" benefit update

A. Lester Buck III buck at compact.com
Fri Sep 20 16:58:57 UTC 2013

"Tirando La Misma Carreta" update

Six-hour milonga benefit for Pampa Cortés, Saturday, September 28

http://tangoinhouston.wordpress.com/2013/08/30/six-hour-long-milonga-tirando-la-misma-carreta-saturday-october-26-2/

THE DAY OF THE EVENT

The studio will be available for setup after 5:00 PM. There is
a lesson until 5:00 PM, so we cannot enter the studio until the
lesson is over.  We may put food tables in the hallway.

We need to place the flyers on the walls of the hallways, so
building tenants know it is a benefit

STUDIO DOOR - SECOND FLOOR

Sue volunteered to be at the door to collect the donations and
log them into a notebook.  Any volunteers to relieve her at the
door would be great!

DJ'S

So far we have FIVE: Alex, Juan Carlos, Arturo, Oscar, and
Elizabeth.  Luis Zuleta Benavidez wanted to join us but he will
be out of town.

We may have one or two more DJs. One per hour will probably
be optimal.

FOOD

Organizers Juan Carlos and Alicia, and Arturo and Ester are
gathering many Argentine delicacies and will be selling all food
for a 100% donation to Pampa. They, as the primary organizers,
will set prices and handle the sales.  Alex will bring asado from
his grill on an aluminum tray, and some chimichurri.  Any food
donations are greatly appreciated!!!

BYOB

Please help spread the words that it is BYOB.
Cup donations are greatly appreciated.

WATER AND SOFT DRINKS

Water, soft drink, and disposable cup donations are greatly
appreciated as well.

SILENT AUCTION

Juan Carlos and Alicia are also discussing a silent auction.
Any donations for the auction are greatly appreciated.

SPREADING THE WORD

Alex is posting on Facebook, THUpdate Google Group, houstango on
Yahoo groups, and his private tango lists.  Lester is posting on
Lester's list Houtango-L.

Please help spread the word by "liking" Alex's posts on Facebook,
posting on your websites, and forwarding the info to your private
e-mail groups. Any help is greatly appreciated!

ANYTHING ELSE

Thank you again for helping spread the word, and contributing in
any way you can.

Let us know if we missed anything. :)

Alex