[HouTango-L] "Pretty Old" - Documentary with Frances Christian

A. Lester Buck III buck at compact.com
Fri Jun 13 16:59:43 UTC 2014

Joe Loh shared this email from David & Linda, Frances Christian's
family.  The Christians were super-dedicated tangueros/as in the
early days of Houston tango.

http://www.msseniorsweetheart.com/2007_queen_and_her_court

From: "David Christian" <jdouglas at swbell.net>
Subject: FW: "Pretty Old" - Documentary with Frances Christian

Dear family & friends,

I have finally received details about Mom's movie & where people
can now go to see it.  This was filmed about 3 months before she
had her stroke in Jan of 2009.  Although it's hard to watch at
times, I find it a wonderful treasure to her memory.  Walter did
a fantastic job creating it!!  I had hoped that there would be a
Houston showing of the film but now people can get it themselves!!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me & I
can get in touch with Walter.  Also, please forward this to as
many people as possible!!  Take care,   Linda Christian Fisher

From: Walter Matteson [mailto:prettyoldthemovie at gmail.com]
Subject: Pretty Old - Documentary

Dear Friends and Family,

I am so happy and proud to announce that PRETTY OLD
<http://www.prettyoldthemovie.com/>  is finally opening across
the US and Canada on VOD and Digital Platforms.

The film follows the hilarious and heart-warming contestants of
the 30th Anniversary year of the Ms. Senior Sweetheart Pageant
in Fall River, MA. And the movie was executive-produced by Sarah
Jessica Parker and Joe Berlinger.

The film is available in the US on: Direct TV,
iTunes <http://bit.ly/1eq33WY> , Amazon Instant Video
<http://amzn.to/1fXxb0r> , <http://bit.ly/1hxWvYz> Google Play,
PlayStation <http://bit.ly/1gDNcIo> , VUDU <http://bit.ly/1dmCKAC>
, Xbox <http://bit.ly/1g80HBE>  and Y <http://bit.ly/1ehWUiU>
ouTube Movies <http://bit.ly/1ehWUiU> . (Will be on Netflix
soon too!)

And in Canada on iTunes and cable VOD on Shaw and MTS.

To watch the trailer and learn more about the film, check out our website
<http://www.prettyoldthemovie.com>  on facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/PrettyOld> , and twitter
<https://twitter.com/PrettyOld_movie> :

Additionally, the film is receiving a nationwide On-Demand
theatrical release through GATHR http://gathr.us/films/pretty-old
- where anyone can request and organize a screening at a local
theatre.

http://gathr.us/films/pretty-old/new-screening-request/step-1

Please help us get the word out about the film. The movie was
made partly as a corrective to the often negative stereotypes
one sees about senior women in the media landscape. In the film,
these women share themselves, their struggles, their humanity,
and their spirit in a way that general audiences rarely get to
see - and the film is truly an uplifting and inspiring portrait
of a group of extraordinary women.

If you haven't' had a chance to see it yet please feel free to
reach out to me directly if you would like a screener or a link.
We're so excited to finally have it available to a broader
audience.

Hope this finds you well.  And thanks again for your continued support.

Walt(er)

Pretty Old <http://www.prettyoldthemovie.com>  / Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/PrettyOld?notif_t=page_new_likes>  / Twitter
<https://twitter.com/PrettyOld_movie>