[HouTango-L] Greg Harbar, great friend of Houston tango, has passed away

A. Lester Buck III tangolist at houtango.com
Tue Feb 16 03:53:00 UTC 2016

Sad news.  I learned this evening that Greg Harbar passed away last
Friday.

https://www.facebook.com/GregHarbarGypsies/

In the late 90s, Greg Harbar and The Gypsies were effectively the house
band for Houston tango events.  Greg was always a great showman, and he
played the accordion so well that we could imagine it was a bandoneon.
Greg also hosted the Julian New Years Party for decades, which was
effectively an All Houston Dance Party.  It was a great event where
almost every type of dancing in Houston would be in one place, so all
the different dancing social groups could rub shoulders for a night.

He will be greatly missed.

Best regards,
Lester