[HouTango-L] Mario Consiglieri & Mariana workshop, May 6-10

A. Lester Buck III buck at compact.com
Thu Apr 29 17:58:32 UTC 2004

http://www.t3tango.com/workshops.htm

Mario Consiglieri and Mariana

May 6th - May 10th

Teaching mainly out of Seattle, Mario is the ideal ambassador for
Nuevo Tango. This unique and inventive style was first developed
by masters like Gustavo Naveira, Fabian Salas, Pablo Verón,
and Chicho Frumboli. It has gained increasing popularity for its
innovated steps, fluidity, and capacity for self-expression.

Mario has established himself as an expert in this style,
performing and teaching at CITA (Congreso Internacional Tango
Argentina) 2004 incorporating a methodical and logical form
of teaching.  He is an enthusiastic dancer and a dedicated
teacher. We are pleased to welcome him to Houston.

Classes

All classes will be held at Barbara King’s Dance Studio, 5700
S. Rice, Houston 77081 (map).

Friday: May 7th

	7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Essential Movement and Musicality

Saturday: May 8th

	1:00 p.m. - 2:20 p.m. Voleos and Combinations
	2:30 p.m. - 3:50 p.m. Sacadas and Combinations
	4:00 p.m. - 5:20 p.m. Colgadas and Volcadas

Sunday: May 9th

	1:00 p.m. - 2:20 p.m. Varying the dynamics of movement
	2:30 p.m. - 3:50 p.m. Movement & Musicality (vals)
	4:00 p.m. - 5:20 p.m. Movement & Musicality (milonga)

Milongas:

Thursday, May 6th

    Milonga con Las Minas with a special performance by Mario
    Starting at 9 p.m. with live music, $7

Friday, May 7th

    Milonguita Rea at Esra's House. Directions times, to be posted.

Saturday, May 8th

    Milonga Primaveral at Helios, 411 Westheimer, 9 p.m. DJ Leonor, $10

Mario has requested that we place a limit on the number of people
per class. He would like to dedicate effort to the participants
of the class.  If you would like to reserve your space please
email Leonor below for registration instructions.  Classes are
open to all people who have had at least one introductory course
in tango. Please be aware that space is limited and we anticipate
a great response to this workshop. Privates are available, email
Leonor if interested.

Prices:

Whole weekend with pre-registration* $105, this includes seven
classes, two milongas.

Pre-registration for individual classes: Each class $15

Registration after April 17th: Each class $20, whole weekend $140.