[HouTango-L] Please announce our CD release -- Thanks Lester, et. al.

Edward Grigassy guitar at texas.net
Tue Jan 20 15:51:29 UTC 2004

Hello friend,
This is Edward Grigassy writing on behalf of the music group
Latin Carnaval.  I'd like to personally invite you and your friends to a musical event I'm organizing:

Latin Carnaval
CD Release Party: "Sueno de Barrilete"              (~ on the n)

Thursday, January 22nd, 2004
Shows at 8pm and 10pm

The Cotton Exchange Bar
808 Franklin (Downtown)
Houston TX 77002
At intersection of Franklin and Travis.
Phone: 713.236.0499
Web: http://cottonexchangebar.com

No cover; 1-drink minimum
Parking on street or pay parking lot ($7)

Latin Carnaval is: Edward Grigassy, Guitar / Director
Rodrigo Gamboa, Guitar / Vocals / Percussion
Vladimir Kotsiouruba, Violin / Arrangements
Rosemary Ponnekanti, Double Bass / Flute

Two years in the making, all of us are excited to be able to debut this CD at a classic and historic downtown venue like the Cotton Exchange.  We will be performing dance and art music from all over Latin America.  There will be Tangos (trad. Argentine style), Milongas,
Sambas, Bossas, Valses, Boleros and Pasillos.  Tangueros are especially invited as there is a reasonably-sized dance floor.

Want more information or unable to join us?  Go to our

---------  VIRTUAL CD RELEASE PARTY!  ---------

Happening RIGHT NOW at: http://guitar.home.texas.net/latcarn.html

There you can read up about the band, listen to some audio tracks,
even purchase the CD for yourself.

Other Pantheon Sessions News:

o The Hot Club of Houston, Edward Grigassy's early jazz band,
  has recently moved it's web stie (with NEW audio samples):

    http://guitar.home.texas.net/hotclub.html

o Sarah Welch is now singing Sundays at 11:11am Contemporary
  Service at the Second Baptist Church here in Houston.

o Max (the violinist) and Sasha Loukechine (drums) have unfortunately moved to New York city and are not currently
  gigging with the Hot Club

o Edward Grigassy's solo and duo classical guitar CD's are
  now available for purchase online through CDBaby.com (check his website for details)

Please feel free to contact us at the email and/or phone number below.

If you'd like to be removed from our newsletter list, let us know that too :( ...

------------------------------------------------- Edward Grigassy, Master of Music, Guitar
Pantheon Sessions Music
Latin Carnaval: Art and Dance Music of Latin America
The Hot Club of Houston: Classic Early Jazz
web: http://guitar.home.texas.net
phone: 713.283.0897