[HouTango-L] The "Art" of Tango - Dallas June Events

Deborah Anglin danglin at CCCCD.EDU
Tue May 17 04:41:48 UTC 2005

Tango Argentino Dallas is proud to sponsor an exciting array
of tango events in June.  This promises to be our most fun and
active June ever!!!

Please join us for the following events:

Saturday, June 4, 2005
Meyerson Hispanic Festival
7:20 - 7:40 p.m.
"All Skate" with Tango Trio
All tango dancers are invited to participate. Please RSVP to Deborah by
May 28. In order to have a high visual impact, we are asking the men to
wear dark suits and the women to wear either black, white, red or a
combination of these colors.  The Meyerson will offer a free concert
beginning at 8 pm.

Saturday, June 12
Dallas Arts Festival at the Dallas Museum of Art - Atrium
1 - 2 p.m.
"All Skate," special exhibitions, Tango Trio and DJ Steve "TejasTango"
Brown
All tango dancers are invited to participate. We will be dancing inside
the Dallas Museum of Art so it will be COOL! Don't miss this wonderful
opportunity to tango in this beautiful environment. For questions,
contact Fred Grinnell.

Saturday, June 25
TangoThon at the Latino Cultural Center - Free beginner classes offered
by our own local instructors. We have asked Jairelbhi & George to
coordinate this portion of the program, so if you are an instructor and
would like to participate, please contact them at 469.939.4120.  More
details coming soon.
8 pm - Midnight -- Milonga at the Ballroom at Preston (SW corner of
Preston & Forest) with DJ Steve "TejasTango" Brown.
For those new to the tango community, "All skate" means that everyone
is welcome, just as in a regular milonga!  So...everyone come join us
and let's show Dallas the beauty of the true Argentine tango!

Tango Argentino Dallas is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
dedicated to the preservation and growth of the authentic
Argentine Tango.  We are supported in part by a grant from the
City of Dallas Office of Cultural Affairs.

Deborah Anglin
<danglin at CCCCD.EDU>