[HouTango-L] Tango Houston Annual Membership Meeting

Tango Houston info at tangohouston.org
Mon May 23 19:48:14 UTC 2005

Hey, tangueros,

While Tango Houston may have seemed quiet the last few months,
a lot has been going on. Ten of our dancers gave a well-received
performance at the Bayou City Art Festival this spring. CACHH,
the Cultural Arts Council of Houston and Harris County, has given
us a grant to sponsor a concert on July 16 at the Virtuosi Concert
Hall in Memorial City Mall, where Glover Gill and his quartet will
be playing. And we believe we have a new location for a Sunday
night milonga/practica, starting very soon. Details to follow.

But most important of all, it is time for our annual general
meeting. Your Board of Directors announces that this meeting has
been scheduled for May 31, next Tuesday evening, at 7 p.m. The
board has secured space upstairs for the meeting at Pasha,
a Turkish restaurant at 2325 University Blvd in Rice Village.

Tango Houston is a democratic and independent organization that
was formed to promote Argentine tango in Houston. It is as strong
as our members and volunteers make it.

Please come to the meeting, make your voice heard, contribute
your ideas, and vote for board members in the election. Meet
your friends. And afterwards we can all walk around the corner
for a great evening's tango dancing at David Baquero's gallery
on Chaucer. What a deal!

The board is in the process of putting together a detailed agenda,
including events, and elections for board seats that are becoming
vacant this year. We will be sending out an agenda before the
meeting, but wanted to get this notice out as soon as possible
so you can put it on your schedule.

Sadly, Michael Figart has recently resigned as President of Tango
Houston. We appreciate the many years of effort and time that
Michael has contributed to Tango Houston, and we celebrate his many
achievements for our community. We hope that we will continue to
benefit from his experience and his contributions in future. Many
thanks, and much applause, Michael, for a job well done.

We look forward to seeing everybody there at Pasha, a week
on Tuesday.

Richard Ebbs
President Pro Tem of Tango Houston

On behalf of the Board of Directors of Tango Houston