[HouTango-L] Reminder: Tango Houston meeting Thursday 7:30 Pascha's

Tango Houston News news at tangohouston.net
Wed Aug 2 21:09:36 UTC 2006

Just to remind everyone, we are having our meeting at Pascha's
Restaurant at 7:30 pm, tomorrow (Thursday, Aug 3rd).  It is located
on the south side of University Blvd, just west of Greenbriar.
This meeting will be for the election of new board members,
the assigning of volunteers to positions on committees (such as
"the guy who sends out the emails for Tango Houston"), and the
introduction of new members to the board and to each other.

Attending the meeting is Free (unless you buy dinner, which
has been excellent every time I've eaten there).  Membership is
$12 for a year's worth of extras, including discounts to some
tango events and use of the Tango Houston library (ever wanted
to watch videos of tango performances?  Well, we have some.)
And your money goes directly to funding tango events in Houston!

Also, I have been alerted to the fact that some of you may find
it a busy weekend, due to the Color Tango Orchestra performing
in Dallas.  However, the majority of you should be able to make
dinner arrangements for a thursday evening without cutting into
the weekend.  If you are unable to make it, but you would like to
join Tango Houston or contribute in some way to our endeavors here
in Houston, please reply to this email at News at tangohouston.net.
Thank you, and see some of you soon.

"Color Tango is the most popular full sized tango orchestra in
Buenos Aires and tickets there are almost impossible to get.
Buying months in advance locally in Buenos Aires is the only way
to see them.  Its latest CD is second most popular CD in Argentina.

"There are two tables number 22 and 27 for people from Houston
and they are almost filled (30 dollars).  Also there still is
a 15 dollar standing room only ticket.  The space is huge and
there will be people there from all over the world to see them.
Wonderful dancing, the REAL THING!"

Tango Argentino Dallas is proud to present:  Orquesta Color Tango
Back by popular demand, direct from Buenos Aires, Argentina,
with 2 performances in Dallas

Friday, August 4, 2006, 8:30 pm - 10:00 pm

        in concert:"PUGLIESE INEDITO", Latino Cultural Center

Saturday, August 5, 2006, 8:30 pm - 2:00 am

        a milonga (dance/music event), Sokol Ballroom

tickets: www.tangodallas.org