[HouTango-L] Maybe get a FREE RT ticket as well...Group trip to Dallas leaving downtown at 1:45pm Saturday for Color Tango Orchestra milonga dance at 8:30-2:00am

Derik Rawson rawsonweb at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 4 00:08:19 UTC 2006

Dear All:

FREE TRIP to Dallas this Saturday MAYBE...

I just got my trip to Dallas for free RT just now,
because I get a refund as a Mystery Traveler doing a
customer satisfaction survey. I had to purchase a RT
ticket for 72 dollars, but I will get a refund when I
turn in a customer satisfaction report on my travel
experience.  Try it out now on the web site before the
offer disappears. Read the details before you buy your
ticket. More details below.

If you were thinking about going up to Dallas to dance
this Saturday night at Sokol Hall where the Color
Tango Orchestra is playing a "live" in person concert
this weekend...and you do not want to deal with
grueling driving yourself, a hotel room, airport
weather delays etc., here is a very easy way to do the
trip.  I, and several other Houston tangueros,  are
doing it this Saturday, and you are welcome to come
join us.  Some of us are getting the trip for FREE!
Here is the the schedule and the plan:

Leave from downtown Houston at 1:45pm, arrive in
Dallas at 5:55pm.

Have dinner and take a taxi to the dance (milonga) at
Sokol Hall, which begins at 8:30pm.

Leave Sokol Hall at 2:00am

Leave Dallas an hour later at 3:15am Sunday morning
right after the dance, get some sleep and arrive back
in downtown Houston at 7:30am.  Then sleep all day
Sunday at home in Houston to recover...lol.  Voila! No
hotel bill!

Benefits:

You can have lunch in Houston on Saturday, dinner in
Dallas on Saturday, dance all night, and then have
breakfast Sunday morning in Houston...

Cost for round trip to Dallas is about $ 72.00
dollars, or $ 36.00 dollars each way, about the same
in gas money as driving a car by yourself. This way,
however, you can read a book in comfort, enjoy a 20
minute rest stop on the way, and you do not have to
pay for a hotel room.  You can just relax and hang out
with your tango buddies and friends all day long
instead of doing all the grueling driving yourself or
bring all cramped up like sardines inside a small car.

Tickets for Color Tango are still available for 15.00
per person without a table, or 30 dollars a person
with a seat at a table (Houston groups now have tables
22 and 27). To get tickets, go to the TangoDallas.org
web site at:

http://www.tangodallas.org

and send an E-mail to Jesse.

Tickets for Greyhound are available as E-Tickets on
its web site at:

http://www.greyhound.com

Total cost for the entire deal:

72 dollars Greyhound RT
15 dollars TangoDallas (30 dollars at a table)
20 dollars Taxi RT to the event
___

108 dollars total

It is impossible to see Color Tango Orchestra in
Buenos Aires unless you go to a big event or have
reservations months in advance, but you can see them
here in Dallas, Texas, and dance with them all night
long,  for just over 100 dollars.  The short road trip
is well worth it, and definitely less money than a
trip to Buenos Aires.

See you at Greyhound (Main Street at Gray/Webster)
this Saturday, if you decide to come at the last
minute.  Bring your friends or join us for th trip. No
reservations required for the bus, so just show up at
the station one hour early and buy a ticket at the
last minute. Schedule below:

-------------Trip to DALLAS, TX-------------
08/05/06  01:45pm  GLI-6480 * 	Depart HOUSTON, TX
08/05/06  05:55pm  GLI-6480 * 	Arrive  DALLAS, TX

-------------Return Trip to HOUSTON, TX-------------
08/06/06  03:15am  GLI-7201 * 	Depart DALLAS, TX
08/06/06  07:30am  GLI-7201 * 	Arrive  HOUSTON, TX
Note: * denotes Carrier and Bus Schedule Number.
GLI: GREYHOUND LINES, INC.

Also, there is a later bus Saturday afternoon at
2:45pm arriving a 7:30pm, and hour before the dance.

Why not?  Remember, part of dancing Argentine Tango,
is the adventure of it all, right?  People will be in
Dallas from all over the USA and the world for this
event, so it will be extra special.  I went to the
same place in Dallas, a few years ago and there were
several hundred people.  The milonga was fantastic. I
danced my tail off. The dance floor is gigantic and
perfect. The music sounds exactly the same as the
CD's.  A great evening!

Hope this information helps.  See you in Dallas.

Derik
d.rawson at rawsonweb.com
713-522-0888 Cell