[HouTango-L] Dallas Update on La Mariposa Milonga, Friday, Aug. 4, 2006

tangolaurie at yahoo.es tangolaurie at yahoo.es
Fri Aug 4 02:17:39 UTC 2006

[From the TangoDallas mailing list. -Lester]

Hello, Tangueros.

What an exciting weekend we will be having with Color Tango
this weekend!  I just wanted to remind everyone that apart from
the wonderful milonga sponsored by TAD at Sokol this weekend, I
will also have my milonga, La Mariposa, this Friday at the newly
renovated Plaza Arts Center at 1115 4th avenue in Carrollton,
about 1 mile southeast of I35 and Beltline, at the historic
downtown square very near the Dallas/Carrollton borderline of I35
and Beltline.  This place has a similar ambiance of an old elegant
Buenos Aires dance hall with its dramatic and historic presence of
a lobby, stage, balcony, high ceilings and quaint cafe furnishings.

Because of the Color Tango concert at the Latino Cultural
Center, this milonga will have extended hours until 1 A.M.
(This updated information is not on Steve's site due to him
being out of the country.)  From 8 to 9 p.m., there will be a
lesson aimed at the beginner/intermediate level.  In addition,
I have a special treat for all of you, ... I just got in from
Buenos Aires today and will be playing for you the latest,
hippest music danced at the milongas right now in Buenos Aires.
The play list is from one of the top d.j.'s there who attacts
dancers like old milongueros like Cesar's (Forever Tango)dad
and Luciana Valle. I am truly honored to have been given this
wonderful gift, and I want to share it with all of you.

Viva el tango!

Laurie
(214) 415-5876