[HouTango-L] Tango Carnaval next Milonga at Melaos, Thursday, Aug 10

Edward Grigassy Guitar at texas.net
Wed Aug 9 22:36:36 UTC 2006

Hello tango aficionados and refined music lovers!

This is Edward Grigassy writing.  On behalf of the musical group,
Tango Carnaval, I'd like like to invite everyone to our next
summer milonga:

Milonga at Melao's
Thursday, August 10, 2006 -- 7:30pm till 11:30pm
Doors open at 7pm, DJ starts at 7:30pm.
Tango Carnaval performs live at at 8:30pm.
Cover at the door: $10 individual, $15 couple
Sponsored by Gonzalo and Juanita, owners of Melao's and Tango Carnaval.

Tango Carnaval will perform dance music of Argentina.  There will
be Tangos, Valses, Milongas and Candombes.  We will feature
music composed by Gardel, Padula, Piazzolla, Villoldo and others.
There will be appetizers and a full range of drinks available.

Our lineup for the evening: Rodrigo Gamboa, guitar / vocals; Edward
Grigassy, guitar; Erin Wright, bass and Vladimir Kotsiouruba,
violin.

Melao's has a raised stage and a large wooden dance floor.
The interior is decorated in an upbeat, festive Caribbean theme.
Melao's Restaurant and Bar is located at the intersection of
Wilcrest and Harwin (just outside the West Beltway).  Their phone
numbers are 281-564-0466 (recording) and 281-704-3911 (Juanita).
The address is 6104 Wilcrest Dr., Houston, TX 77072

Check out our video demo (performed on the Melao's stage)
on our web-site.  (When downloading it may take a while, the
file is 10MB, and you need latest version of Quicktime or Media
Player to play. Rick Williams filmed the demo).  There are also
audio samples.

Video clip:     http://guitar.home.texas.net/video/tango_short.mp4
Our web site:   http://guitar.home.texas.net/tango.html

Thanks for your support and we look forward to seeing you all there!

Yours,
Edward Grigassy

edward grigassy, guitar -- http://guitar.home.texas.net/
phone: 713.283.0897 -- email: guitar at texas.net