[HouTango-L] Junior Cervila Star of stage and screen in AUSTIN, TEXAS, Aug. 15th and 16th!!!!

Laura Pellegrino bsasbaby at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 04:34:48 UTC 2009

Hi all,
   Dry as TOAST is what the national weather labeled all of Texas yesterday!
And that was BEFORE the announcement of Junior Cervila in the Lone Star
State! Thank God we have lots of air conditioning 'cause it sure ain't
getting any cooler!!

Junior's resume stands alone. I'll let it speak for itself!  If any of you
folks from Dallas, Houston, New Orleans or Tulsa are considering coming, hit
me with an email and I will try to hook you up with some lodging!!! Milonga
"Lo de Laura" will take place on Saturday night so you'll have a really nice
weekend should you decide to attend!!

*August 15th and 16th, Tango in Texas welcomes Junior Cervila for a weekend
workshop!!
**
Junior Cervila*

Junior Cervila is best known in Argentina as a performer and choreographer,
where he has appeared on stage at the prestigious Colon and El Nacional
theaters and the Luna Park Stadium.  US fans of dance will recognize him
from his featured role in the film *Tango* by Carlos Saura, were he was also
Juan Carlos Copes' choreography assistant, and from his appearance in the
2000 revival of *Tango Argentino* on Broadway.  He also toured Europe and
the States with Julio Iglesias in 1999 and appeared as a special guest in
the BBC documentary *Traveling With My Tutu* as the partner of Deborah Bull
(first dancer of the Royal Ballet of London).

He has toured with numerous shows performing in Japan, USA, England,
Portugal, Germany, Norway, Holland, Greece, Brazil, Ecuador, Argentina,
Spain, Russia, Chile, Honduras, El Salvador and many other countries.

Since 1988, Antonio Cervila Junior has worked continuously with many
important orchestras, including Jorge Dragone's Orchestra, Baffa
Berlingieri, José Colangelo, Omar Valente, Walter Ríos, Color Tango, Osvaldo
Requena, Norberto Ramos, Julián Plaza, Color Tango, Avantango, El Arranque
and Ariel Ramírez.
His most recent performances include appearances with *Avantango* at Lincoln
Center and Town Hall in New York and *Tanguera* in Argentina and Mexico.

He has partnered with some of the most famous names in Tango including
Guillermina Quiroga and Maria Nieves and Moya Godoy (sister to Horacio) and
currently owns his own Latin dance company in NYC.
www.Cervila.com<http://www.cervila.com/>

For an interesting interview with Junior regarding dance in general and
Tango more specifically go to
http://www.tangopulse.net/interviews/antonio_cervila_junior.php

*Sat. August 15th*
*
2:00- 3:15*: Milonga part I: Basic steps,Timing and Musicality for Milonga
(All Levels)

*3:30-4:45*: Milonga Part II: ***Timing, musicality and Not-so-basic Steps
and variations for Milonga

*5:00-6:15*: Ganchos: Part I:  (All Levels) Basic Gancho technique and
timing for leaders and followers. Material will focus on leaders ganchos.
*
Sun. August 16th*

*1:00- 2:15:* Ganchos Part II:***Technique and Timing for leading musical
followers’ ganchos.

*2:30-3:45:* Creating Effortless Beautiful Barridas: Understanding their
language, seeing the possibilities, creating the illusion and executing them
with precision!

*4:00- 5:15:* Integrating Sacadas:
Simple, practical combinations using the sacada to enter into and out of
other Tango elements. This class will primarily (but not exclusively) work
towards incorporating material from earlier classes.

*** Those participating in these (starred ***) classes have 3 choices: Make
sure you attend Part I so you know you're on the page, contact Laura, or
stay with your partner.

Pricing is $25/class a la carte
Whole workshop solo for $135
Whole workshop solo, registered by Aug. 5th $125
Whole workshop WITH a partner (not necessary to dance with them throughout)
$120
Whole workshop WITH a partner registered by Aug. 5th, $115

Checks payable to Laura Pellegrino or Tango in Texas, are preferred for
pre-registration.
Mail to 5803 Shoal Creek, Austin, Tx. 78757. However, all credit cards and
paypal  are also available online. And if you think the check may not make
the deadline, hit me with an email to look for it!

All classes will take place out at the beautiful Dance Institute at 6612
Sitio Del Rio, Austin, Tx. 78730.  6 miles from downtown Austin and located
in the amazing Texas Hill Country off of 2222 almost to 620. Milonga "Lo de
Laura"  will also take place on Sat. night from 9-1.

Laura Pellegrino
(512)590-3644
15-6453-5267 (BsAs, cell)
BsAsbaby at gmail.com