[HouTango-L] Houston Argentine Tango Association Begins New Session 7/5/05 In New Location

Joan Bishop Tango120 at aol.com
Mon Jul 4 14:52:00 UTC 2005

HOUSTON
ARGENTINE
TANGO
ASSOCIATION

Put your best foot forward in 2005!
Share the unspoken language of Tango
wherever life takes you.

Beginning Tuesday, July 5, 2005, HATA will
commence our next class sessions in a new
location.

New Location:
The Dance Place
Chimney Rock Plaza
3300 Chimney Rock @ Beverly Hill, Suite 500
Houston, Texas 77056-6631

(Helpful directions below)

New 7-week sessions:
Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Milonguero Style Argentine Tango
Tuesday nights starting
July 5, through August 16, 2005.

Instructors:
Classes taught by Joan Bishop and Roger
Soto.  In keeping with our years of class
and workshop focus on the authentic apilado
(connected) Milonguero Style of Argentine
Tango, we offer precise teaching methods
for mastering subtle body language.  Immerse
yourself in the social form of the dance as
you learn to create variations of the most
useful "possibilities" for the social dance
floor.

Beginner Class:
7:00 - 8:00 PM
Intermediate:
8:00 - 9:00 PM
Advanced:
9:00 - 10:00 PM

Cost:
$50 per person for seven 1-hour classes.
With instructor's permission, any student
registered in one class may stay for an
additional class, or two.

Please note:
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your class
to complete registration. Registrations initiated
through the HATA web site <www.houstontango.org>
"Registration," speed the process at the door.

Registration

Comfortable clothing that permits you to
move freely, and shoes with leather soles
are recommended.  No tennis shoes, please.
(Ankle straps are helpful for ladies.)

The Houston Argentine Tango Association
thanks King's Dancing Centre, Barbara King
and her sons Billy and Kevin, and Carlos Felis
for their years of providing a rental space for our
organization.  While their newly built-out space
is beautiful, their midsize ballrooms are not
adequate to accommodate the size of our
classes.

We held the size of our classes to a minimum
for the last sessions, so we have a waiting list.
Current students registered in last week's class.
We will be opening registration via our Website
June 26 for the next sessions commencing July 5.

Studio owners of The Dance Place Michael
Schedler, and Phillip Stephens, welcomed us
into their space by holding a ballroom for 8 weeks
for our use beginning in July so that we could
give Barbara King 7-weeks notice. They run
a state-of-the-arts dance studio which we are
sure you will enjoy.

Thank you for your continuing support!

Appreciatively,
Houston Argentine Tango Association

  Joan

Joan Bishop
Instructor, President

Helpful Directions:
If traveling south on the Southwest Freeway (59),
take the Chimney Rock Exit, turn right, or north
and travel 3 blocks to 3300 Chimney Rock, on the
left or west side of the street at the corner of
Beverly Hill, which has a left turn lane.  The
address, "3300" appears on a tall sign marking
the one-story, white business park.

Please be aware that The Dance Place is
on the backside of this business park.
Make a left on Beverly Hill and enter
the second driveway on your left to access
the ample back parking lot immediately in
front of the studio, or you can park in the front lot
facing Chimney Rock, which has 87 additional
spaces, and use the door marked "Chimney
Rock Plaza, Suites 200-210" to access a
corridor through the building leading to The
Dance Place.