[HouTango-L] FREE CONCERT 8pm this Saturday September 9th, with tangos

Derik Rawson rawsonweb at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 7 17:23:52 UTC 2006

Dear All:

ONLY BANDONDEON IN HOUSTON ! FREE CONCERT 8pm this Saturday
September 9th before the opening of TANGO CAFE, at MILLER OUTDOOR
THEATER in Hermann Park.  Bring a blanket, a bottle of wine
and some cheeze, then we go direct to TANGO CAFE to dance tango
all night.

Hear the ONLY BANDONDEON!!!! in Houston this Saturday
night, Antoine Plante's brother, Denis Plante, who
here in town visiting from the Montreal, Canada tango
community.  Denis is a fantastic musician, as is
Antoine, the conductor of the Mercury Baroque
Orchestra.

Mercury Baroque Orchestra presents:

8 Seasons by Vivaldi & Piazzolla
Four Seasons - A. Vivaldi
Four Seasons - A. Piazzolla
Solo Violin - Jonathan Godfrey,
Solo Bandoneon - Denis Plante
Orchestra Conductor - Antoine Plante

PICTURES OF THE FULL ORCHESTRA AND DETAILED
INFORMATION:

http://www.milleroutdoortheatre.com/schedule/calendar.asp?Mode=CalendarViewDetails&ID=238&Month=9&Year=2006

Antoine Plante is a virtuoso who came here to Houston
on a music scholarship from the Shepherd School of
Music at RICE UNIVERSITY.  He also met his wife,
Laurie, here in Houston while he was dancing tango
with us.  Laurie, is a great tango dancer.  She was
working for a friend of mine in Brussels-Paris,
Jacques de Sellier, of SOLVAY CHEMICALS, when we all
met. She is a brilliant international lawyer and
fantastic tango dancer.

Let us all please attend Antoine's FREE concert and
support his music.  Antoine's orchestra is wonderful.
These musicians really know classical music and
Argentine Tango.

I will be at Miller theater this Saturday evening with
my blanket, a bottle of red wine, some cheese, fresh
baguettes from Le Bec Fin French Cafe, and some
saucisse, ready to dance some tangos on the grass lawn
under the stars.  See you there.

Afterward, we can all go directly to the opening of
TANGO CAFE at 9pm at 3217 Mercer at West Alabama.
Life is good.  Ca Va Antoine!  Merveilleur!  Une bonne
fete!

WHEN:  8pm
WHERE: At the MILLER out door theater in Hermann Park.
 100 Concert Drive Houston 77030.
CONTACT INFO: 713-522-0888 Cell

Note: There are FREE Air conditioned seats are at the
front of the stage for those who do not want to bring
a blanket, a bottle of wine, and dance tango on the
grass lawn outside under the stars.  You can locate
our group on the grass lawn by calling my cell phone
at 713-522-0888 Cell, or just look for people dancing
tangos.

YAHOO MAP LINK:

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=100+Concert+Drive&csz=Houston%2C+Texas+77030&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

Derik
d.rawson at rawsonweb.com
713-522-0888 Cell

 Antoine Plante writes: We are doing a free